Central Regional Purchasing Authority
Centralized Accounts Receivable process management and payment automation platform
The Regional Purchasing Authority for the Campania Region in Italy is in charge for the implementation of strategic actions aimed at the rationalization of regional spending. The authority awards public contracts or concludes framework agreements for projects, supplies or services for Local Health Centers, public and private accredited Hospitals and all Local Authorities acting in the regional territories.
The main challenges and goals of the project were:
• Interoperability with bank transaction system and the OPI standard specifications
• Standardization of documentation, processes, tools, and formats adopted by Local Authorities
• Integration with the Regional Purchasing Authority’s digital signature service for the
signing of payment requests (XADES)
• Real time synchronisation with the regional Purchasing Authority’s ERP platform (SAP
• Digitization of authorization and approval flows
• Archiving and long-term preservation of digital documents
• Automation of payment delegations in compliance with the history of the receipt.
Interdata designed and implemented a centralized integration platform for the complete
management of Accounts Receivable processes, focusing on all the purchase orders deriving from
healthcare organisations and the compliance with the OPI standard and the national public service
The platform is based on Coopera© ECM contentservices and provides automated management of
the Region Authority’s Payment Center delegations with integrated authorization and digital signature processes. Coopera core features provided a complete automation of the overall payment process, including payment delegation receipts, automated documentation verifications, streamlined approval tasks and authorization processes and interoperability with transactions system and Authority ERP system.